Predictions! * for wildcard.
1) Red Sox – Moneeeeeeeeeeeeey, and guys not being hurt (hopefully). Scary good lineup.
2) Yankees* – Questions in the rotation, but strong hitting. Hard to see them falling far.
3) Rays – Manny/Damon ease the sting of Crawford/Pena leaving a little, but that bullpen could be frightening.
4) Jays – Young. Fun. Still brewing, though.
5) Orioles – Don’t get the hype on this team. Doesn’t a good righty kill that lineup?
1) Twins – Because it always happens.
2) White Sox – Getting a little long in the tooth, but still good enough for second.
3) Tigers – Could be close, don’t care much for the pitching.
4) Royals – Once the youngins play, they start showing signs of life.
5) Indians – Could be worst in the league. Too bad in a great baseball city.
1) Rangers – Losing Lee hurts, but this is an easy division to win.
2) A’s – Another team with a weird amount of hype. Aren’t they this year’s (version of last year’s) Mariners?
3) Angels – Willingly traded for Vernon Wells’ contract. Hard to take ’em seriously after that.
4) Mariners – Yeah.
1) Phillies – Incredible starting staff, but the lineup’s starting to show cracks.
2) Braves – Not far ahead of the rest. Some youngins starting to play, apparently.
3) Marlins – Got fleeced by the Braves, but keep pumping out prospects.
4) Mets – Maybe Beltran and Santana play some this year.
5) Nationals – Payed Jayson Werth like Vernon Wells. That’ll cost ya.
1) Reds – Surprisingly good last year. Dusty Baker managing young talent well? Really?
2) Brewers* – Some distressing luck early. I admire their moxie, going all-in when everyone else is stocking prospects.
3) Cardinals – They’ve got a free agent, or something. Been a pretty underplayed story so far.
4) Cubs – Need to tear it down before they can build it up again. Not sure if they’ve figured that out yet.
5) Astros – Some signs of life, but a bad team in a bad division.
6) Pirates – I don’t even have a joke here.
1) Giants – Essentially the Phillies, but younger, right? Sounds good to me.
2) Rockies – Seem to be jumping the gun on big money extensions. Which has ALWAYS worked in sports.
3) Dodgers – So is it the guy or the gal that owns the team? I’m not sure.
4) Diamondbacks – Man, what happened to them? Weren’t they up and coming at some point?
5) Padres – Picked them here last year (I think), and was gloriously wrong. Let’s see if I can make ’em good again.