Before we begin, 5 random links. There may be a football analogy, so bear with me:
1) Stephen J. Harper, fumbling his first snap as PM. What’s this about floor crossers? Yay, or nay?
2) Seems like they’re going from filet mignon to cheeseburgers, aren’t they?
3) This was hilarious- and scarily accurate (the male reactions, anyway). Shawn, this might explain the whole ‘being single’ thing.
4) Mark Cuban and Phil Jackson, still going at it.
5) My name, in AVI form. Give it a few seconds- you’ll see it.
Lost a close game at curling on Monday, even with only 3 players. Even
though, in theory, I swept less (since with 3 players, the lead and
second throw 3 stones each- that means I sweep for the other ones), I
was absolutely exhausted at the end. More so than I can ever recall
being after a game.
A sure sign that the lack of work has made me horribly out of shape- when do we start TOOTH again, boys?
Outside of the interaction (which I’m still establishing at Mount
Royal), I don’t miss all that much about work. My back and shoulders
feel a ton better, and I’m not waist-deep in some of the crap that goes
on there anymore. I cannot emphasize enough what getting out of Safeway
has done for my mind, more than anything.
The money, yeah, but that’s not a huge issue for me right now.
Especially with the Ralphbucks and vacation pay arriving (on the same
day! cha-ching!), which just adds to my solid nest egg. My banker mom
should be so proud. (She’s probably reading this- Hi Mom!)
Speaking of which, It surprises me when I find out that there are
people other than those who subscribe who actually read my
rantings. I mean, yeah, it’s on the internet, so anyone can read it,
but… it’s still a little… almost unsettling. That people read this.
It’s almost like being published, save for the lack of need for factual
correctness, actual intelligence, and editing.
I MEAN LOLZ I CUD JUS TYP N L337SPK AN B RLY KOOL!1!
Alright, I just threw up a little in my mouth after reading that. I’m done.